Collections Internship Opportunity - Marco Island Historical Society (Marco Island, FL)
When: Summer 2019
Wage: $12.50/hr (up to $5,000)
Hours: Up to 40 hrs/week, 10 weeks
Application Deadline: May 3, 2019
The Collections Intern at the Marco Island Historical Society (MIHS) will have the opportunity to become a member of the collections management team for the summer and gain invaluable work experience as part of the daily operations of the organization's collections department. Primary duties will include, but are not limited to, aiding with our complete inventory, digitizing collections, and housing, organizing, and cataloging collections items. Interns may also be called upon to help with exhibit production, installation, and evaluation. At the MIHS, we wish for our interns to get the most out of their experience with us and encourage them to channel their unique skills and interests into a project of their own design. Examples of former intern projects include the creation of a Historic Marco Island City Driving Tour, designing a professional publication template for our quarterly newsletter, and a Marco Bingo activity sheet for visitors.
- Graduate student working towards Master's in Museum Studies or 2019 graduate with a Master's in Museum Studies.
- Knowledge of museum collections and ethics.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database software.
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com:
- A one-page personal statement describing your reasons for seeking an internship at the MIHS and what you hope to gain from the experience.
- A résumé outlining your educational, professional, and volunteer experience.
- Contact information for two references.