*Reposting – previous applicants need not apply.
The Gadsden Arts Center & Museum is growing! Join the professional team at this nationally accredited art museum, serving the Big Bend Region of Florida.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Title: Development Officer
The Development Officer (DO) is a proven fundraiser with demonstrated experience and success in individual and corporate donor research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. These qualities are required for this position.
The Development Officer reports directly to the Executive Director (ED) and works closely with the ED, Board of Directors, and stakeholders to develop new individual, foundation, and corporate support for the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum (GACM); and serves as the point of contact for all GACM development events.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• A Bachelor’s degree and five years of individual and corporate fundraising experience, preferably in a community-based nonprofit organization. Three years of experience will be considered with a strong record of fundraising performance;
• Demonstrated project management and event planning experience;
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
• Ability to develop productive relationships with staff, volunteers, and donors;
• Ability to initiate contact with donor, foundation, and sponsor prospects;
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills to include persuasive writing and public speaking;
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities;
• Careful attention to detail;
• Availability to work evening and weekend hours as required;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Conducts all business in a professional, ethical, and transparent manner;
• Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license.
• Identify and cultivate relationships with 50-100 new or underdeveloped donor prospects each year from the Big Bend Region and beyond to further develop annual giving, major gifts, corporate sponsorships, and foundation support for GACM;
• Develop and implement a fundraising plan to accomplish the above stated objectives;
• Develop, propose, and implement strategies for solicitation of each prospect;
• Develop proposals, meet with prospects, and develop contribution/pledge/sponsorship correspondence for each confirmed pledge, donation, or sponsorship;
• Work with the ED to coordinate appreciation, recognition, post-program or event reporting, and continued involvement or stewardship of each donor or sponsor.
DO Additional Duties:
• Serve as the manager for all GACM fundraising and development events, working with the ED, GACM staff and volunteers to plan, implement, and evaluate events throughout the year that attract participation, contributed support, and earned revenues, such as the annual Evening with the Arts gala, exhibition preview and opening receptions, and Holiday Night at the Museum;
• Manage inquiries, contracts, and post-event facility reviews for all rental events;
• Assist the ED with the development of print, mail, and online development pieces (donor information pieces, annual and program-based solicitations, etc.);
• Strictly protect all confidential information.
The DO Must:
• Articulate the mission of the Gadsden Arts Center & Museum and its impacts for people and the community at large;
• Maintain current knowledge of all major exhibitions, local to regional exhibitions, education and outreach programs, cultural events, collections gifts, and collections initiatives of GACM, present and planned.
Hiring Salary: commensurate with experience.
Hours: Exempt, full-time professional position, typically 9am-5pm Monday-Friday (hours may vary and include evenings and weekends)
TO APPLY: Submit your cover letter, resumé, salary requirement with salary history, and three references by mail or email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Development Officer Search Committee Gadsden Arts Center & Museum 13 N. Madison Street Quincy, FL 32351 email@example.com