The Museum is seeking an Outreach & Family Program Coordinator
The Outreach & Family Program Coordinator, who reports to the Associate Curator of Education for Youth and Family Programs, provides teaching and administrative support for the Division of Education.
The Basic responsibilities include teaching Saturday Family Studio, DIY programs, organizing off-site events and performing administrative duties to support the Associate Curator of Education with management of the Museum’s youth, family and outreach programs, including but not limited to:
- Developing schedule of weekly programs throughout the year; programs should relate to current exhibitions and museum collection, and be age appropriate for elementary school children
- Assisting with Outreach & Family Program logistics such as, but not limited to effectively monitoring attendance, ordering supplies and organizing storeroom, managing reservations for programs, reaching out to family service organizations in the community
- Organizing activities for community events and Library program
- Providing correspondence and computer data-entry support
- Administering program assessment
- This position works a Tuesday – Saturday schedule
Education: BA required; demonstrated interest in youth and families, art and museums a plus
Training and Experience:
Must be detail-oriented and well-organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and must demonstrate independent judgment in professional setting. Must speak Spanish fluently. Must perform all duties with a high level of tact, professionalism, trust and efficiency. Prior teaching experience a must.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook, and facility with learning other software programs; good customer service skills; pleasant telephone etiquette; ability to work with children, parents, diverse clientele, peers and supervisors required. Art education experience preferred.
Must have a car and be able to use it for work. Light physical effort required. Thursday evening hours required, particularly through the summer.
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com
The Norton Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.